We received this photo of a beautiful custom Mailbox Apartment, or a Mail Boss Apartment, as it were.
Mark Johnson shared:
- Custom “Mail Boss Apartment”
- In Service date September 5, 2014
- House numbers blurred out for privacy
- Shed roof minimizes Apartment size while allowing flag use
- Fast-Trak Mounting Plate secured to plywood base with carriage bolts fitted to anti-turn plates on the bottom and locking nuts on the top
- Fast-Trak Plate and mailboxes block access to additional lag bolts securing plywood to the base
Would you guess, Mark isn’t even a contractor. Just a retired guy who is apparently quite handy! He noted that he reused the existing posts and in addition, used:
- 1 1/2 sheets of exterior plywood
- One bundle of cedar shingles
- 1 1/8 x 1/4″ screen molding
- 3/4″ molding
Kudos, Mark, for putting together such a beautiful custom Mail Boss Mailbox Apartment!